30 October 2009

snow oh oh oh

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Unfortunately this update is going to be small and whimpy, but I just wanted to tell you all that I'm still having a fabulous time and I love it here more and more every day.

Also, it SNOWED last night! And by "it snowed" I mean there was a light snow. And by "light snow" I mean you kind of have to look for the snow to see where it's still sticking (mainly on top of cars). This is snow nevertheless, and right now there's a few light snow flurries making their way down to the ground. I'm so excited. (I'm a little kid.)

I hope there will be more snow soon, but rumor has it that Moscow's mayor is actually banning snow from Moscow this year.

No, but really.

Read this.

I haven't had any environmental science classes or anything of the sort, but I'm pretty sure shooting liquid nitrogen into the air to make snow fall before it reaches Moscow isn't the best of ideas for the environment. But, that's Russia.
I've also heard another rumor that because of global warming, there wasn't going to be any snow this winter at all anyways, so this plan is actually a money making scheme and the extra 300 million rubles saved will go into someone's pocket.
Fact or fiction? No one knows.
I take it back - someone knows, but they're not letting me in on the secret.

For now I am content with last night's dusting; my next post might just come from a small village outside of Moscow where I ventured to find snow, only to be snowed in.


Until next time (which I promise will have more updates about what I've been doing),

Kara

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/11/09 15:14

    I told you China and Russia were both in the weather control business. Just happens that you're in the wrong one - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8337337.stm

    Jono

    ReplyDelete